You can help reduce the impact of synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides and fertilizers in the communities where your food is grown by choosing organic foods. And you can eliminate the suffering of animals grown in CAFO operations by choosing pastured – and optimally, organic-fed meats – by buying meats from a farmer who you know raises them responsibly. That is sadly not the case with 99% of meat sold in this country.
How Can You Help
- Eat More Plants
- Eat Less Meat, but Higher Quality Meat – pastured meat grown naturally outdoors – grown by a farmer you know
- Eat Organic Produce and Meat from Animals Fed Organic Grass and Feed
- Raise Your Voice in Annapolis to regulate the worst of the “inputs” used in conventional agriculture here in Maryland (pesticides like chlorpyrifos and neonicotinoids, herbicides such as atrazine and glyphosate, and seed treatments that contain them).
- Speak up for regenerative ag practices like pastured animal production, organic and other reduction of synthetics, and perennial buffer strips for their carbon storage potential.
- Convert your land from conventional gmo synthetic-based corn and soy “feed” production to organic and pastured “food” production.
- Vote With Your Fork three times a day – at home, in school, at your favorite restaurants, and in your circles. The Food System can change in a growing season. They are only growing what we all are buying.